(1) Many developers already understand the importance of designing a home that is in synergy with a buyer’s individual preferences, whilst accentuating those visual aesthetics that enhance property values. Don’t make that fireplace an option!
(2) A fireplace within the living space can create a special ambience. Humans seek warmth. The infrared warmth from a fireplace satisfies that primeval need. The developer that offers buyers a variety of stylish energy efficient gas fireplaces that complement their home designs will always win against those who ignore this fact. Outside gas fireplaces are also becoming popular with those who enjoy entertaining out on the deck or patio, even when it’s cool outside.
(3) Home owners have always had many fireplace options to choose from, but in these these days of ever rising fuel costs, the day-to-day running costs and thermal efficiency of balanced flue fireplace technology is driving purchasing decisions. Balanced flue and flueless gas fireplaces which can be installed just about anywhere in a home or renovation project – and don’t need a chimney – are the most efficient of all gas fireplaces. These products will also assist the developer when complying with demanding SAP ratings and sustainable design.
(4) A balanced flue fireplace doesn’t have a traditional chimney that runs through to the roof; instead, a simple metal factory-made flue exits from the back of the fireplace directly through an outside wall – or it can be routed up to 10m horizontally or vertically to a suitable exit point. The balanced flue design reduces installation costs, keeps most of the heat produced by the fire inside the home and – when choosing carefully – offers far lower running costs. The best balanced flue designs even allow the siting of a flatscreen plasma, LCD or LED TV above.
(5) Homebuyers are already choosing from a variety of fireplace styles, which include minimalist frameless hole in wall gas fires, ribbon gas burners, bio-ethanol burners and sometimes two-sided or even three-sided corner styles that allow the fireplace to be easily positioned in different locations within a room – don’t miss out on this trend!